Atmosphere and Clouds
View the graph in the website at http://www.planetseed.com/sciencearticle/global-climate-change-and-energy and the current CO2 concentration at http://keelingcurve.ucsd.edu
Compare current CO2 levels to the highest concentrations from the past 450,000 years. Based on these websites, answer the following questions:
- What is the current CO2 concentration in parts per million (ppm)?
- Is this higher or lower than the highs over the past 450,000 years?
- From what three sources do humans add CO2 to the atmosphere?
- What two sources take CO2 out of the atmosphere?
- How does deforestation contribute to the global warming process?
- In your opinion, are humans contributing to global warming, or is it just a natural part of the cycle?
Defend your answer to question #6. (There is no right or wrong response to this last question; you will be judged on how well you present your argument.)
Be sure your paper is 2-3 pages long, cites credible sources, answers all questions with complete sentences and paragraphs, and your paper must include a title page, be double spaced, and have 1-inch margins.